October 21, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These fun strawberry lemonade Jell-O shots are like a party in your mouth! The sweet and tangy flavors of lemon vodka and triple sec combine with strawberry Jell-O for a delicious treat that will keep you coming back for more.
Strawberry Lemonade Jell-O Shots Ingredients
These boozy bites offer a burst of fruity flavor with a tangy twist that’ll have you reaching for seconds (and maybe even thirds!).
The satisfying combination of strawberry and lemonade makes for a mouthwatering treat that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings while simultaneously satisfying your thirst for a refreshing drink.
- 1 (6-ounce) box of strawberry Jell-O mix
- 1 cup of boiling water
- ¼ cup of cold water
- ¾ cup of lemon vodka
- ¼ cup of triple sec
- Pink and yellow gummy fruit slices
Different stores carry different-sized plastic shot glasses, ranging from 1.5 ounces to 2.5 ounces. Use what you can find, and just know that this recipe will make fewer or more jello shots depending on the size of your disposable shot glasses.
Substitutions And Additions
STRAWBERRY AND LEMON: The lemon-flavored vodka really comes through for a fun strawberry lemonade flavor. You could also use a combination of strawberry vodka and lemon vodka. Or use one 3-ounce package of strawberry Jell-O and one 3-ounce package of lemon Jell-O. The color of the jello shots will be different in this case.
How To Make This Strawberry Lemonade Jell-O Shots Recipe
These jello shots are as easy as making jello, but instead of adding water, you replace some of it with vodka and triple sec.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This recipe makes 24 shots. If you are making these for a larger party and need more, you can easily double the recipe.
STEP ONE: In a medium mixing bowl or large (4-cup) measuring cup with a spout, whisk together strawberry Jell-O mix and 1 cup of boiling water until the jello is fully dissolved.
STEP TWO: Once the Jell-O is fully dissolved, stir in the cold water, lemon vodka, and triple sec. Mix until combined.
Use up to 1½ cups of alcohol for a stronger Jell-O shot. For a lighter Jell-O shot, you can use additional cold water and less alcohol. You need four cups total of liquid to combine with the Jell-O mixture.
STEP THREE: Carefully pour the Jell-O mixture into the small plastic shot cups. Fill just under the top so they don’t spill.
Setting the Jell-O shot cups on a baking sheet will help make it easier to transport them to the fridge for chilling.
STEP FOUR: Transfer the Jell-O shots to the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours until set.
The Jell-O shots may firm up faster than 4 hours. If you are using shallower shot glasses/cups and if you use icy cold water for your cold water, they will not take as long to set.
STEP FIVE: Just before serving, top each Jell-O shot with a gummy fruit slice.
Keep Jell-O shots refrigerated until consumed. They will start to liquefy in the summer heat.
How To Serve Lemonade Strawberry Jell-O Shots
These tasty shots will be a huge hit at all of your summer parties. Refreshing, fun, and delicious, your grown-up guests will love them!
Storing Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Jell-O Shots
In this section, we’ll cover various storing options, including make-ahead tips, refrigeration, and freezing instructions.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re hosting an event or want to save time, you can make these strawberry lemonade jello shots ahead of time. Once you’ve prepared the jello shots according to the recipe instructions, simply cover the tray or dish tightly with plastic wrap or an airtight lid.
Store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. This make-ahead option allows you to focus on other party preparations or simply ensures that you have a delightful treat ready for whenever you crave it.
IN THE FRIDGE: Jell-O shots will keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Cover if you use containers that do not come with individual lids; otherwise, pop the lids on for storage. Do not store them with the candy on top of the Jell-O.
IN THE FREEZER: Because of the gelatin and alcohol, this Jell-O shot recipe doesn’t tend to freeze very well.
Summertime is the perfect time for all kinds of fun drinks, like a batch of these strawberry lemonade jello shots! These are the ideal treat to make for your next party or just to enjoy on a hot day.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any leftover jello shots, you can store them in the fridge for up to a week with their lids tightly on. You can make them 1 to 2 days ahead of your party before serving, but make sure you are storing the containers with the lids on.
I don’t find that jello shots freeze well because of the gelatin and alcohol. While you can pop them in the freezer for a few minutes to help speed along the setting process, you shouldn’t store them in the freezer after they’re done.
This simple recipe is best made using lemon vodka, as it would lose the lemony flavor if you replaced it with regular vodka.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Drunken Dalgona
- Strawberry Champagne Floats
- Red Wine Slushie
- Jello Shots
- Dole Whip Jello Shots
- Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots
- Hard Lemonade
- Pineapple Lemonade
- Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
- Tequila Jello Shots
- Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots
- Buttery Nipple Shot
- Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots
- Reese Cup Shots
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Lemon Lime Bitters
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Pineapple Cooler
- Alcoholic Root Beer Float
- Chic Fil A Lemonade (Frosted)
- Cinnamon Roll Fireball Shot
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Candy Cane Jello Shots
Strawberry Lemonade Jello Shots
- 6 ounces strawberry jello mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¾ cup lemon vodka
- ¼ cup triple sec
- Pink and yellow gummy fruit slices
- In a medium bowl or large (4-cup) measuring cup with a spout, whisk together the strawberry jello mix and 1 cup of boiling water until the jello is fully dissolved.
- Once the jello is fully dissolved, stir in the cold water, lemon vodka, and triple sec. Mix until combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture between small plastic shot cups. Fill just under the top so they don’t spill.
- Transfer the jello shots to the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours until set.
- Just before serving, top each jello shot with a gummy fruit slice.
- Different stores carry different-sized plastic shot glasses, ranging from 1.5 ounces to 2.5 ounces. Use what you can find, and just know that this recipe will make fewer or more jello shots depending on the size of your disposable shot glasses.
- This recipe makes 24 shots. If you are making these for a larger party and need more, you can easily double the recipe.
- Use up to 1½ cups of alcohol for a stronger jello shot. For a lighter jello shot, you can use additional cold water and less alcohol. You need four cups total of liquid to combine with the jello mixture.
- Setting the jello shot cups on a baking sheet will help make it easier to transport them to the fridge for chilling.
- Keep jello shots refrigerated until consuming. They will start to liquefy in the summer heat.