November 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Our Oreo mug cake is an indulgent treat that’s sure to wow any chocoholic. This scrumptious single-serving dessert is a fudgy and moist cake topped with fluffy whipped cream; all made in a matter of minutes in your microwave.
Oreo Cake In A Mug Ingredients
This heavenly dessert combines the crunchy and creamy flavors of Oreos with the rich taste of cake, all in one convenient mug.
With just a few easy ingredients and a microwave, you can whip up this cake in no time.
It’s the perfect combination of sweet and satisfying without being overwhelming.
- ⅔ cup of finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (8 cookies)
- ⅓ cup of whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
For The Garnish:
- Squirt whipped topping
- 1 Oreo cookie, roughly crushed
You can crush your cookies in a heavy-duty zip-top bag with a rolling pin for easy cleanup if you are just making a single mug cake.
If you want to make a few mug cakes, you can put more cookies into a food processor to pulse them into fine crumbs.
You can store a large quantity of cookie crumbs in an airtight container in the pantry for up to two weeks.
Substitutions And Additions
MILK: I made this easy mug cake recipe with whole milk, but you can easily swap that out for 2% milk if that is what you have on hand.
Almond milk also works as a dairy-free alternative.
OREOS: You can use any flavor of Oreo cookies for this delicious cake recipe. I would use a standard cookie and not the Double Stuf Oreo versions.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: If you’re a fan of white chocolate or dark chocolate, feel free to use those instead of regular chocolate chips.
You can also mix in some nuts, like chopped almonds or pecans, for added crunch and flavor variation.
SPRINKLES: Change up the look and feel of your Oreo cake by using different colored sprinkles or even crushed nuts for a textured finish.
It’s a simple way to make your mug cake more visually appealing and fun to eat.
PEANUT BUTTER: If you’re a peanut butter lover, consider adding a spoonful of creamy or crunchy peanut butter to the center of your mug cake before microwaving.
This will create a peanut butter surprise when you dig in.
NUTELLA: For a hazelnut twist, substitute Nutella for the Oreo cookies in your mug cake. This will give it a rich, creamy flavor with a hint of cocoa.
MINT EXTRACT: To infuse a refreshing minty flavor into your mug cake, replace the vanilla extract with mint extract.
This change will result in a cool and vibrant dessert that’s perfect for mint chocolate chip lovers.
CARAMEL SAUCE: Drizzle some caramel sauce over your finished mug cake to elevate the sweetness and add a lovely caramel undertone to each bite.
How To Make This Oreo Cake In A Mug Recipe
Mix up all the ingredients for this easy mug cake right in your favorite mug and pop it in the microwave. It will be ready in no time!
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This delicious Oreo mug cake only makes a single serving.
Double the recipe to share this rich cake with a friend.
Microwave cakes one at a time if you are making more than one.
STEP ONE: In a 10 to 12-ounce microwave-safe mug, add the finely crushed Oreos and milk. Stir to combine.
Using a wider and shorter cup works best and makes it easier to scoop out your cake.
STEP TWO: Add the mini chocolate chips and baking powder and stir the mug cake batter again.
The baking powder in this recipe is not necessary, but it does help to give the mug cake a slightly lighter texture and lift when cooked.
STEP THREE: Microwave on high power for 1 minute and 45 seconds.
My microwave is 1000 watts. You should check your cook time at 1 minute 30 seconds and adjust cook time in 10 to 15 second intervals according to your microwave.
STEP FOUR: Allow the Oreo mug cake to cool for 30 seconds before adding the squirt of whipped cream and additional crushed Oreo cookie or any other favorite toppings.
This Oreo mug cake recipe should be enjoyed immediately.
How To Serve
This single-serve cake is perfect for an afternoon snack, along with a refreshing iced tea.
For a fruity twist, serve your mug cake with a handful of fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
Elevate your Oreo cake by sprinkling crushed nuts, such as almonds or pecans, on top.
When To Serve
QUICK DESSERT FIX: When you’re craving a sweet treat but don’t want to spend hours baking, this mug cake is your go-to.
MOVIE NIGHT: Enjoy a cozy movie night at home with your favorite film and a warm Oreo cake in a mug. It’s the ultimate movie snack that’s ready in minutes.
DESSERT FOR ONE: When you’re dining solo and want a dessert that doesn’t leave leftovers, this single-serving mug cake is ideal.
LATE NIGHT SNACK: Whip up this mug cake for a satisfying late-night snack that won’t keep you up baking.
KIDS’ TREAT: Kids will love the novelty of a cake in a mug. It’s a fun and quick dessert option for after-school snacks or as a surprise treat.
While this recipe needs to be made on demand, you can plan ahead and partially prepare your mug cake ingredients.
MAKE AHEAD: Mix up the dry ingredients in single-serving portions and store them in containers in your pantry, ready for the milk to be added before heating.
IN THE FRIDGE/FREEZER: This easy dessert does not reheat well, so we don’t recommend storing leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
Why We Love This Recipe
QUICK AND EASY: This recipe is incredibly quick to make, taking just a few minutes from start to finish.
SINGLE SERVING: It’s a fantastic solution for when you want a sweet treat but don’t want to bake an entire cake.
MINIMAL INGREDIENTS: You don’t need a long list of ingredients to make this mug cake. Most of the items are pantry staples, making it convenient to whip up.
You’ll be dreaming about this chocolatey Oreo mug cake treat. Nothing beats the tempting and delicious flavor of Oreos; it’s decadently indulgent and sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy Oreo mug cake does not reheat well, and we don’t recommend storing it in the freezer for any length of time.
A 10 to 12-ounce mug is just the right size for this great recipe.
The cooking time will depend on the wattage of your microwave, but we find somewhere between 90 to 105 seconds is about right.
Keep an eye on your cake near the end of cooking and watch for the center to be just set.
Don’t overcook it, or you will end up with a dry cake.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies
- Butter Pecan Cookies
- Chocolate Gravy
Oreo Mug Cake
- ⅔ cup Oreo cookie crumbs, finely crushed (8 cookies)
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Squirt whipped topping
- 1 Oreo cookie, roughly crushed
- In a 10 to 12 ounce microwave-safe mug, add the finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs and milk. Stir to combine.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and baking powder and stir again.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 45 seconds.
- Allow the Oreo mug cake to cool for 30 seconds before adding the squirt of whipped cream and sprinkle of additional crushed Oreo cookie.
- You can crush your cookies in a heavy-duty zip-top bag with a rolling pin for easy cleanup if you are just making a single mug cake. If you want to make a few mug cakes, you can put more cookies into a food processor to pulse them into fine crumbs. You can store a large quantity of cookie crumbs in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 2 weeks.
- This delicious Oreo mug cake only makes a single serving. Double the recipe to share this rich cake with a friend. Microwave cakes one at a time if you are making more than one.
- Using a wider and shorter cup works best and makes it easier to scoop out your cake.
- The baking powder in this recipe is not necessary, but it does help to give the mug cake a slightly lighter texture and lift when cooked.
- My microwave is 1000 watts. You should check your cook time at 1 minute 30 seconds and adjust cook time in 10 to 15 second intervals according to your microwave.
- This decadent Oreo mug cake recipe should be enjoyed immediately.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Peppermint Oreo Bark
- Air Fried Oreos
- Golden Oreo Dessert
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Oreo Truffles
- Oreo Cupcakes
- Deep Fried Oreos
- Oreo Milkshake
- Easy Frozen Oreo Dessert
- Oreo Dip
- No Bake Oreo Pie
Mug Cake Recipes
- Brownie in a Mug
- Coffee Cake in a Mug
- Peanut Butter Cake in a Mug
- Pancake in a Mug
- Mug Cake with Cake Mix
- Cupcake in a Mug