September 2, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This easy homemade bottle rocket will become a family favorite DIY project. We love all things space and always love sharing ideas. We decided to do a little DIY bottle rocket that you can easily do together with the family. We had a great time doing this simple, homemade bottle rocket experiment together. Maybe someday we will be able to launch into space on a real rocket and explore!
Materials For A Homemade Bottle Rocket
We only used a handful of supplies for the pop bottle rocket. You’ll need electrical tape, four pencils (or Popsicle sticks), vinegar, baking soda, a paper towel, and a cork. This homemade water bottle rocket turned out awesome and the whole family can have fun making it together.
How to Make a Homemade Bottle Rocket
Here’s how we created this fun rocket ship project that our whole family loved:
- Using electrical tape, we wrapped 4 pencils (could also use popsicle sticks) to act as stabilizers.
- Fill a bottle ⅓ full with vinegar.
- Put approximately 2 tablespoons of baking soda into the middle of a paper towel, roll it tightly, and twist the ends.
- Drop in the paper towel, then put a cork in the bottom.
- Shake gently, then step back and wait for it to take flight!
Note: this bottle rocket flies about 20 feet in the air — so please do this in an area where it won’t hit anyone or anything. This was a fun project and a great way to get kids excited about science. We look forward to enjoying more space-themed projects soon and hope your family enjoys this homemade bottle rocket as much as we did.
Be sure to check out more themed party ideas here:
- Modern-Vintage First Birthday Party
- Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party
- A Sweet Elephant-Themed First Birthday Party
- Pajama Time first birthday
Don’t miss out on Alien and Space-Themed Birthday Party Ideas