Have you seen our Cookies & Cream Cupcakes? These Cookies & Cream Truffles are a great way to use up any extras – or use up any white cake or cupcakes you have hanging around after a party.
- Looking for a sweet treat idea? Check out these Peeps Cupcakes!
- Get set for warmer weather with this Picnic Playdate Menu and Ideas.
These truffles are an easier option than cake pops and are a great way to get a second dessert out of a batch of cupcakes or some leftover cake (like the trimmings off of a layer cake).
While these are a no-bake recipe, they do require that you have cake or cupcakes on hand. If you just have Oreo cookies – check out my no-bake Oreo Cookie Balls recipe.
How to Make Cookies & Cream Truffles
- 4 Cookies & Cream Cupcakes (OR 3 White Cupcakes plus 3 Oreo Cookies)
- 1/2 cup frosting
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
You can use your hands or a food processor for making the “truffle dough.” I made mine with my 4 year old so I let her dig in!
1. Crumble the cupcakes into a fine crumb and then add the frosting until it forms a dough – it should stick together when squeezed, but not stick to your hands.
2. Roll golf ball-sized portions of the dough and place them on a baking sheet. You can optionally freeze for 1 hour or overnight, but freezing is not necessary for this recipe.
3. When ready to coat your truffles, microwave your candy melts with the shortening in 30 second bursts, stirring well in between each heating.
4. Using a spoon, dip the truffles into the melted candy, and then set back on the tray to dry.
5. If you have extra cookie crumbs, be sure to sprinkle a few onto the truffles before the candy coating dries.
Bake up a fun summer treat kids will love with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan