March 29, 2023Review Recipe
7 Can Chicken Taco Soup
Table of Contents
This 7 can chicken taco soup is packed with, you guessed it, 7 cans of delicious ingredients plus a handful of spices and toppings for a hearty and warming meal. Almost everything you need to whip up this soup can be stored in your pantry including veggies, chicken, and seasoning.
7 Can Chicken Taco Soup Ingredients
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can of southwest corn with juice
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (12.5-ounce) can of chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can of mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 (1-ounce) packet of taco seasoning, mild
- 2 teaspoons of fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro (optional garnish)
- Sour cream (optional garnish)
- Tortilla chips (optional garnish)
- Shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional garnish)
Check out our homemade taco seasoning recipe in place of store-bought taco seasoning.
Substitutions And Additions
CORN: You can substitute canned sweet corn for southwest corn. You will need to drain the canned corn before adding it to the soup.
TOMATOES: You can substitute two cans of Rotel tomatoes for petite diced tomatoes in this flavorful dish.
SPICY: If you want an even spicier soup, substitute hot enchilada sauce for the mild one. You can also substitute hot taco seasoning for mild taco seasoning and add a small can of diced roasted green chiles.
CHEESE: Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese would all be great options in place of the cheddar jack cheese for topping your soup.
CHICKEN: If you happen to have leftover rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, or even cooked boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs, you can substitute that for the canned chicken in this easy dish.
CHICKEN BROTH: If you are trying to watch your salt intake, you can substitute low-sodium chicken broth for regular chicken broth in this easy recipe.
How to Make This 7 Can Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This recipe can easily be doubled if you want to make a large batch and freeze portions for a quick meal on another night.
STEP ONE: Add the pinto beans, corn, black beans, broth, tomatoes, chicken breast, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, minced garlic, onion powder, cumin, and kosher salt into a 5 to 6-quart stockpot over medium heat.
STEP TWO: Cooking the soup uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve while hot. Garnish with chopped cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips, and shredded cheese.
You can also cook the soup in the crockpot on a low setting, for 4 to 6 hours.
How To Serve
Top this easy taco soup recipe with all of your favorite toppings for an even heartier meal. Serve this filling soup along with a Caesar salad or cucumber salad. Add a freshly baked batch of dinner rolls to mop up all of the drips at the bottom of your bowl.
Soup is always a welcome and comforting food to warm you up on a cold night. Give our tortellini soup and minestrone soup a try for two more favorites.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this hearty meal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this special one-pot soup for up to 2 months in an airtight freezer-safe container. Allow the soup to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before heating.
This delicious 7 can chicken taco soup will be a sure family favorite. It’s a classic southern recipe packed with a mix of beans, chicken, veggies, and spices for a hearty and filling meal. Add your favorite taco toppings, and you are all set with this appetizing soup.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This popular recipe can be turned into a vegetarian dish by substituting the chicken broth with vegetable broth and replacing the chicken pieces with more beans or another vegetarian protein.
This recipe can also be made in the slow cooker. Just add all of the ingredients and cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours.
This tasty soup will keep for up to two months in the freezer in an airtight container.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Enchilada Cups
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Busy Day Soup
- Hamburger Soup
- Chicken and Rice Soup
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Tomato Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Soup
- Mexican Corn on the Cob
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Taco Casserole Recipe
- White Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Crockpot Potato Soup
7 Can Chicken Taco Soup
- 15.5 ounces pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.25 ounces southwest corn with juice
- 15.25 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 12.25 ounces chunk chicken breast, drained
- 10 ounces mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 ounce mild taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, optional garnish
- Sour cream, optional garnish
- Tortilla chips, optional garnish
- Shredded cheddar jack cheese, optional garnish
- Add the pinto beans, corn, black beans, broth, tomatoes, chicken breast, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, minced garlic, onion powder, cumin, and kosher salt into a 5 to 6-quart stockpot over medium heat.
- Continue cooking the soup uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve while hot. Garnish with chopped cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips, and shredded cheese.
- Check out our homemade taco seasoning recipe in place of store-bought taco seasoning.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you want to make a large batch and freeze portions for a quick meal on another night.
- You can also cook the soup in the crockpot on a low setting, for 4 to 6 hours.
Leave a Comment