Pineapple Upside Down Mini Cakes
Does your appetite shift with the seasons? Mine does. I like the taste of pineapple upside-down cake anytime, but I especially appreciate its rich cinnamon and brown sugar aroma wafting from my kitchen come autumn.
- Kids will love this delicious classic Banana Pudding for dessert or even an after school snack.
- Keep the summer spirit alive with these Watermelon Cupcakes.
WATCH THE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS:
This is a simple cake to make from scratch, too. However, I decided an update to the classic dessert was in order.
Small pineapple upside-down Bundt cakes make wonderful personal sized desserts, just right for sharing with family or company…or maybe for an indulgent-mom moment.
Individual cakes are popular on party dessert tables, too. This one looks especially festive.
How to make mini pineapple upside-down cakes from scratch? Glad you asked! A mini Bundt cake pan makes it easy. I think these could even be made in muffin tins, too.
Adding whipped cream topping bumps the dessert into the impressive realm. And a cherry on top? Divine!
So go ahead: make someone(s) happy with this recipe. They’ll be dazzled!
- Note: These have a very subtle flavor. You can substitute pineapple juice for milk if desired.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1/3 heaping cup of brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- half pint whipping cream
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- maraschino cherries
- 1. In a small sauce pan, combine butter, pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 3-5 minutes while preparing cake batter.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer add dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine oil, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk until eggs are broken; slowly add to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- 3. In a mini Bundt pan (should have 12 mini Bundt molds), spoon 1 tablespoon of pineapple mixture into the bottom of each mold. Add two spoonfuls of batter on top and spread around. This batter made just enough for 12 mini Bundt cakes. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool and turn over onto a baking rack.
- 4. While cakes are cooling, whip whipping cream, cinnamon and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Scoop into a piping bag and pipe onto cakes using tip 2D. Top with a cherry.
Create a delicious dessert with help from these great ideas gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great recipes:
Plus, don’t miss Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.