21 Creative Christmas Cupcake Ideas
This holiday season is the perfect time to gather the family in the kitchen and bake, bake, bake! You’ll get everyone in the holiday spirit when you serve these gingerbread house cupcakes and snowglobe cupcakes or any of these 21 creative Christmas cupcake ideas that add a magical touch to any dessert table.
- Celebrate the holidays with 13 Christmas Tree Themed Crafts and Food.
- Plan a fun and festive party with these 10 Christmas Party Food Ideas everyone will love.
1. Cupcake Christmas Tree :: Anita Singh, as seen on Musely
This cupcake Christmas tree is easier to make than you think! Would you believe toothpicks and a foam cone are the top secret items needed to create this masterpiece?
2. Gingerbread House Cupcakes :: A Little Bit of Silliness Really
Would you ever think to set a mini gingerbread house on top of a cupcake? These gingerbread house cupcakes area absolutely precious!
3. Snowman Cupcakes :: All You
Is there anything cuter than snowman cupcakes wearing earmuffs made from Vanilla Wafer Cracker Cookies and Christmas colored sanding sugar? We don’t think so! These cupcakes make us smile!
4. Elf Hat Cupcakes :: Party City
These elf hat cupcakes are so creative! Transform a sugar ice cream cone into an elf’s signature hat with a little bit of frosting, sanding sugar and Air Heads candy. Don’t forget the gumball on top!
5. Ornament Cupcakes :: Cakes Decorating
While you won’t be hanging these on your Christmas tree, these ornament cupcakes are definitely festive and unique! Fondant accents make these beauties come to life!
6. Snow Globe Cupcakes with Gelatin Bubbles :: SugarHero!
While the cupcakes can be homemade or store bought, what makes these snow globe cupcakes so show stopping are the beautiful gelatin globes on top!
7. Hot Chocolate Cupcakes :: SheKnows
Cupcakes that look like mugs of hot chocolate? These are made by adding miniature candy cane handles and topping them with “whipped cream” frosting, mini marshmallos and some holiday sprinkles!
8. Snowman Cupcakes :: One Little Project
Sometimes the simplest things result in the cutest results! Take these snowman cupcakes for example. They are just basic white frosted cupcakes dipped in crystalized decorating sugar and embellished with mini chocolate chip eyes and mouths and a butterscotch chip nose. But, how cute are they?
9. Santa Cupcakes :: Sugar Siren Cakes Mackay
Uh oh. Santa has fallen, and he can’t get up! These cute Santa cupcakes show cute little Santa feet sticking out of a snow bluff! How cute!
10. The Grinch Christmas Cupcakes :: as seen on Living Locurto
Invite “The Mean One” to your dessert table by making these awesome Grinch Christmas cupcakes. All you really need is frosting in Grinch colors (although yellow candy eyes can simplify the process)!
11. Rudolph the Reindeer Cupcakes :: Ohh La La Dessert Boutique, as seen on Crafty Morning
Besides being oh-so-cute, these Rudolph the reindeer cupcakes are oh-so-easy to make! Just combine whipped chocolate mousse topping or brown frosting with a shiny gumball for the nose and some pretzel antlers!
12. Santa Hat Cupcakes :: Midget Momma
Everyone will want one of these Santa hat cupcakes! Easily making them with frosting and a round and star pastry tip!
13. Christmas Tree Cupcakes :: Preppy Kitchen
What could be more Christmassy than Christmas tree cupcakes? You’ll be surprised by how easy it is to make these beauties using a star frosting tip and sugar cones!
14. North Pole Cupcakes :: Jenny Cookies
Add a little printable North Pole sign to some peppermint sticks with a red candy frosted on top and you’ve got North Pole cupcakes! Sugar helps give the look of snow to the frosting!
15. Marshmallow Snowmen Cupcakes :: Launa, as seen on Cake Central
Piles of frosting snow with the cutest little marshmallow head on top make these snowmen cupcakes deliciously cute.
16. Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes :: Baker by Nature
If you’re a lover of Christmas flavors, especially peppermint mocha, these cupcakes are right up your alley! Topped with a peppermint mocha frosting that is easy to make, you can bring the Christmas flavors you love to your cupcakes!
17. Pull Apart Cupcake Snowman :: kidscakelady, as seen on Cupcake Central
Put this pull apart cupcake snowman cake together using 24 cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing and sprinkle with white sparkling sanding sugar to give that frosty snow look! Don’t forget the solid milk chocolate hat!
18. Candy Cane Christmas Tree Cupcakes :: Bakerella
These sweet little candy cane Christmas tree cupcakes veer from the traditional sugar cone trees just a smidge. Trimmed sugar cones dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with white sugar crystals are attached to the candy cane “trunks”. Fondant presents with snowflake sprinkle bows create such a beautiful look to the Christmas tree scene.
19. Gingerbread Cupcakes :: Cooking Classy
Run, run as fast you can, because these gingerbread cupcakes will need to be eaten before everyone else eats them! While this cute recipe idea uses homemade gingerbread boys, you could substitute a store bought gingerbread cookie to simplify the process. Either way, these cupcakes are a perfect holiday dessert!
20. Polar Bear Cupcake Minis :: Bakerella
It doesn’t take much to transform mini cupcakes into adorable polar bears! Soft edible pearls for ears, black sugar pearls for eyes, candy eyes for the nose (yes, you read that right) and a piece of pink confetti sprinkles for the tongue!
21. Santa Baby Pull Apart Cupcake Face :: Wilton, as seen on AcMoore
Armed with cupcakes, frosting, frosting tips and a little patience, you can follow this great tutorial for recreating this Santa baby pull apart cupcake face!
Bake your favorite sweet treat this holiday season with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great cupcake ideas perfect for the holidays…
You do not want to miss 29 Christmas Candy Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week