A LumberJack and Jill Joint Boy-Girl Birthday Party
Throwing a joint girl and boy birthday party is an awesome way to celebrate two birthdays that are within a week or two of each other. Jennifer Perkins planned this incredible Little LumberJack and Jill party for Baxter and Tallulah, whose birthdays are a mere 9 days apart. I’m in love with the lumberjack themed breakfast menu, natural decorations scavenged from the great outdoors and the DIY log cabin! You’ve got to check out the party for all of the creative detail ideas!
- Dig up some fun ideas in this Minecraft Joint Boy and Girl Birthday Party.
- This boys’ car themed, growing up too fast, joint birthday party has lots of fun to keep guests entertained.
There are so many things to love about this unique party, most of which Jennifer dreamed up and did herself!
First off, I love the natural décor Jennifer used throughout the styling, including salvaged wood stumps and moss. She created several tableaus using these natural elements and a few well-chosen props.
Take, for instance, the dining room corner that she spruced up with moss, monogram letters, repurposed branches, and a vintage lantern. And of course, Jennifer added that festive birthday touch with a pinecones-and-pictures banner she made using photos of the birthday honorees.
Next, I love Jennifer’s lumberjack themed menu! Her kitchen table was full of delicious breakfast items like silver dollar pancakes, candied bacon on a stick, mini quiche, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, cheese and nuts. I definitely think I could convert to the lumberjack lifestyle if these kind of breakfasts are the norm. And is that tree stump/ax centerpiece great or what?
The favor table is adorable! The banner hanging above the rustic log-inspired font is perfect: “Little Lumberjacks and Jills”. And the centerpiece of the table was awesome—a log cabin made from Lincoln Logs! How clever are those “log cabin” favor bags? Jennifer filled them with rubber ducks dressed as lumberjacks, pancake mix and bubbles. Adults were gifted with CDs whose playlist included hits like “Feed the Tree” and “Lumberjack”.
Jennifer knows kids and how to keep them entertained. She planned for some awesome activities including a lumberjack themed sensory bin. It was full of birdseed, wood pieces, scoops, nets, a toy saw and moss.
She also had a DIY log cabin playhouse made of cardboard. Isn’t it amazing? I know kids loved playing in it.
Another fun party activity was the felt story board station. Kids made up their own stories while they played with the felt story board props.
The plaid party hats were another DIY. They are adorable and totally theme appropriate!
Unique party themes are always so fun to inspect. I love the ingenuity and creative ideas Jennifer came up with for this joint boy-girl birthday party!
Trying to find great party supplies for a joint boy-girl birthday party? We’ve rounded up some great sources for you!
- Mini Cake Decor Kit, Forest Friends
- 2-Pack Packaged Tissue Grass Mats Party Decoration, 15 by 30-Inch
- Paper Straws, Birch, Box of 144
- Washi Decorative Tape for Gifts and Favors, Vintage Woodland
- Woodland Animals Sugar Decorations 12 Count
- Woodland Creatures – Round Party Sticker Labels – 24 Count
- Woodland Creatures – Party Favor Boxes – 12 Count
- Woodland Creatures – Squiggle Party Sticker Labels – 16 Count
- Woodland Creatures – Party Water Bottle Labels – 12 Count
- Woodland Creatures – Mini Candy Bar Wrapper Sticker Labels Party Favors – 20 Count
- Woodland Creatures – Party Cake Toppers
- Natural Birch Tree Slice, Rustic Wood Slab, 6 x 1 inches
- Woodland Creatures – Party Candy Boxes – 12 Count
- Woodland Creatures – Party Cupcake Wrappers – 12 Count
- Rectangular Wooden Serving Tray
- Rustic Log Cake Stand Wedding Accessories
- 4 Count Wood Place Card/Photo Holder, Rustic Real
- Burlap Natural Table Cloth – 60×80″
- Childs Plastic Woodland Friends Masks x 12 Assorted Bulk Buy
- Set of Four (4) 16-oz Clear Glass Mason Jar Beverage Cups with Handles
Don’t miss these other themes perfect for joint birthday parties:
- A Joint Circus Birthday Party
- A Toy Story Inspired Joint Birthday Party
- A Teddy Bear Picnic Joint Boy & Girl Birthday Party
Plus, you don’t want to miss A Little Lumberjack 1st Birthday Party…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week