A Boy’s Cat in the Hat Birthday Party
Planned for her son who loves Dr. Seuss, this Cat in the Hat birthday party was styled and photographed by Minnie, of Minnie’s Sweet Creations. Did you ever think you’d see a sophisticated Cat in the Hat? I love Minnie’s fresh ideas on the theme! Styled in all black and white, except for one accent in red (can you find it?), it will knock your socks off! The cake, decorations and details really wow!
- Looking for more Seuss inspiration? Check out these 20 Dr. Seuss party ideas.
- These 12 Fabulous Dr. Seuss ideas will inspire some party creativity!
Taking inspiration from a simple coloring book, Minnie decided to forego the traditional red and blue color scheme, opting for a modern black and white color palette instead. The design comes to life with a curtain backdrop made by Marie of Butterfly Creations Invitations by Marie.
The dessert table was the birthday boy’s favorite party element and you can see why! An impressive 3-tiered cake, with hand painted details and an amazing “Think and wonder, wonder and think” topper by Rochelle of À la Roch, is the obvious focal point. It looks impressive setting on top of a black stand from Events By Nat. Coordinating cupcakes, with incredible Cat in the Hat characters, flank each side of the cake.
The Cat’s signature hat and bowtie made an appearance on the dessert table in cookie form. Just look at the detail!
White cake pops with contrasting black candy sticks were served with simple elegance on a white cake stand.
Black and white candies filled clear vessels for another sweet option.
Guests were also given customized thank-you chocolate bar favors. I love the printable wrappers by Agnes of Edge House Design – Designer Custom Made Party Stationery: “Today is good. Today is fun. Thank you, thank you everyone!” Isn’t that an adorable way to thank guests for joining in the celebration?
Agnes also created the cute “Roy is 6”, Seuss inspired wrappers that dressed up milk bottles. They look great, paired with striped paper straws.
An impressive number six piñata, by Party Pony Designer Piñatas, provided fun for all! Guests also enjoyed a DIY photo booth.
The Cat in the Hat is a classic story, beloved by children of all ages so it has been used as a party theme many times. Kudos to Minnie for doing such a wonderfully creative job and bringing the story to life via fresh dessert and decoration ideas!
Need some great sources for planning a boy’s Cat in the Hat birthday party? Check out these party sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew.
- Eureka Dr. Seuss Pennant Banner
- Eureka Dr. Seuss’s Cat In The Hat Wearable Hat Cut-Out, 32 Hats, Approx 8″ Tall Each
- Dr Seuss Classic Book Characters 9″ Lunch Plates 8 Pack
- Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Balloon Bouquet
- Dr. Seuss Cake Topper
- Dr. Seuss Value Party Pack Bundle
- Cat in the Hat Large Napkins (16ct)
- Kikkerland Biodegradable Paper Straws, Red and White Striped, Box of 144
- Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Standup – 6′ Tall
Check out more great children’s book party ideas…
- Go, Dog, Go! Book-Themed Boy’s Birthday Party
- If You Give a Dog A Donut Puppy Birthday Party
- Jack and the Beanstock First Birthday
Plus, check out Iconic and Cool Star Wars 6th Birthday Party…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week