Have you ever had a crave for something sweet, gone to the kitchen to bake and realized you didn’t have all of the right ingredients? Grr. I hate when that happens. This recipe is pretty straight forward and I’m betting most of the time you have everything needed for it right in your pantry. It’s a simple put together that the kids can help with, too.
Talk about a quick dessert! These Pepsi cupcakes couldn’t get any easier. Sure, you can eat them plain but dress ‘em up and they’re ready for company or a birthday party dessert table. A few sprinkles top them nicely. Add a colorful straw for a witty nod to your soda pop secret ingredient. Get ready to celebrate—balloons, confetti, and presents are optional but appreciative grins are a must!
- Kids of all ages will love these Cookie Monster Cupcakes.
- Can’t head to the great outdoors for camping? Bake up these Ooey Gooey S’mores Cupcakes for indoor camping fun.
Pepsi CupcakesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 12 ounce can of PEPSI
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour in entire box of cake mix and turn mixer on low. Slowly pour in pop. Mix until combined and carbonation has settled. Scrape down the bowl to make sure all cake mix has been incorporated.
- Pour batter into muffins liners (I used jumbo) and fill 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting. Whip butter, vanilla and powdered sugar on low, gradually increasing speed to high. Whip on high for 30 seconds until frosting has doubled in size and is light and fluffy.
- Scoop frosting into piping bag and snip off the end, leaving a 1 inch hole. Pipe onto cupcakes and add sprinkles.
Plus, don’t miss 21 Genius Cupcake Recipes…