Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
These easy, healthy Homemade Dog Treats are a special recipe to serve your favorite pet! Homemade dog treats are a simple way to let your little puppy know they’re loved. They are so simple to make homemade — but if you feel like being extra, use a cookie cutter to get the cute shape.
Looking for more dog treat ideas? Try our delicious pumpkin dog treats recipe, too!
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE DOG TREATS
You will need:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Variations: We use peanut butter, but there are lots of variations you could try. These include pumpkin, banana, sweet potato, or baby food. There are lots of options.
How to Make this homemade Dog Treats recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
STEP TWO: Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
STEP THREE: Blend on low in a mixer until well blended. The mixture should form a dough-like texture. Or borrow your son’s muscles. In my experience, boy’s love proving how big their muscles are and showcasing what they can accomplish.
STEP FOUR: Once well mixed, put the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll to approximately 1/4 inch in thickness.
STEP FIVE: Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out biscuits.
PRO TIP: We used a darling bone-shaped cookie cutter for our puppy treats. But you can use a traditional circle cookie cutter or a glass.
STEP SIX: Place in oven and bake for approximately 17 minutes.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store in an airtight container then place in the fridge. They can last for up to two months in the fridge.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store in an airtight container then place in the freeze. They can last for up to eight months.
Max loved this recipe! And my boys loved giving them to him. Both my boys are definitely dog lovers and have a big soft spot for Max. He loves them as well — especially when they are in front of him with homemade dog treats! 🙂
While Max was noshing on his dog cookies, my sister and I did some chatting. I’m so excited watching her get ready for the birth of her daughter.
more recipes you’ll love
Homemade Dog Treats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Blend on low in a mixer until well blended. The mixture should form a dough-like texture.
- Put dough between two sheets parchment paper.
- Roll to approximately 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out biscuits.TIP: We used a darling bone-shaped cookie cutter for our puppy treats. But you can use a traditional circle cookie cutter or a glass.
- Bake for approximately 17 minutes.