I love how LEGO can encourage creativity and independent thinking and I absolutely love how much joy they bring to kids. Now, Legos add even more to their resume use them as extra incentive to get kids to wash their hands: bury them in soap! Your kids are going to go crazy over these Homemade LEGO Soaps. They are so easy to make; your kids can even help you create them. They make excellent party favors and they’re perfect for adding a little color to your bathroom décor.
- Let their imagination soar with these 19 Lego Building Books Every Kid Will Love.
- You do not want to miss these 25 Lego Crafts We are Obsessed With.
What you need:
- Olive Oil Melt & Pour Soap base by ArtsMind (Michaels carries this brand)
- Silicone Soap Molds (Purchase here)
- Lego Figurines
Cut out a big half block of the Olive Oil Melt & Pour soap base from your container. Cut the soap base into smaller squares to make the melting process smoother.
Put the soap into a microwave safe bowl and place it in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir it quickly. The entire soap base should be melted, but if its not, put it back in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds
Once the soap is completely melted, pour just a little soap into your silicone molds. Make sure to cover the mold bottom. Place your Lego figurine into the soap base. Now, quickly pour the rest of your soap base over the Legos and let it set for 2 hours.
I was able to make 3 bars out of this batch and they turned out fantastic!
The rule in our house is you cannot free Lego man by digging at the soap with your fingers. He must remain in the soap until the water and actual use release him. You cant believe the how often I see clean hands and prune fingertips!
Don’t miss these great Lego themed sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Build-On Brick Light Switch Plate
- LEGO Kids’ Blue Plastic Alarm Brick Clock
- LEGO Minecraft The Cave
- colorful lego blocks pattern Shower Curtain
- Up Cycled Lego Push Pins Tacks
- Lego Brick Pattern Silicone Ice Cube Jello Tray Maker
- LEGO “Soccer” Watch With Minifigure
- The LEGO Ideas Book
- LEGO Star Wars R2-D2 Key Light
- I Love Ice Candy Molds & Ice Trays
Check out more great Lego ideas your kids are sure to love.
- 10 Lego Storage Ideas You Wish You’d Thought Of
- 18 Lego Hacks We Are Obsessed With
- 57 Lego Themed Party Ideas Perfect for Boys