Last updated on
Table of Contents
Creamy garlic parmesan mushrooms are a super easy, flavorful dish that is packed with great taste and texture. Whole white mushrooms meld perfectly with butter, garlic, spices, cream, and grated parmesan cheese for an exceptional recipe you’ll crave. It makes for a wonderful side dish or appetizer.
Don’t stop with just enjoying these mushrooms! Be sure to try this recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms as well. If you love the garlic parmesan flavor combo as much as we do, you will also like this Garlic Parmesan Chicken recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR GARLIC PARMESAN MUSHROOMS
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 400g whole white mushrooms, washed and dried
- ¼ cup cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream, 33%
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dry ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Mushrooms: You can use whichever type of mushrooms you prefer. Some other options would be portobello, cremini, or shiitake. This would be delicious with freshly picked mushrooms!
Heavy Cream: You can also use half and half or whole milk in place of the heavy cream. Just note that it will change the overall creaminess of your sauce, depending on which you use.
Seasonings: You can adjust all of the seasonings to your particular taste.
HOW TO MAKE THIS GARLIC PARMESAN MUSHROOMS RECIPE
STEP ONE: In a large 12 inch frying pan, cook together butter, olive oil, garlic, and mushrooms over medium-high heat until mushrooms are tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
STEP TWO: Reduce heat to medium and add in cream cheese and cook until cream cheese has melted.
STEP THREE: Reduce heat to medium-low and add in parmesan cheese, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt, and pepper.
STEP FOUR: Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
STEP FIVE: Serve hot.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a sealed food storage container for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave.
IN THE FREEZER: The cream in this sauce will not freeze and thaw well, so it’s best to eat up all of your mushrooms, or toss any that are left in the fridge after 4 days.
Offering the perfect flavor on its own, you’ll find this recipe is low-carb and keto-friendly. Making it a great option as a healthy appetizer to enjoy before a meal or at a get together with friends. These mushrooms could also be paired with pasta, chicken, or bacon for an even heartier meal.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 400 g whole white mushrooms washed and dried
- 1/4 cup cream cheese cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 33%
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dry ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp fresh chipped parsley
- In a large 12 inch frying pan cook together butter, olive oil, garlic, and mushrooms over medium-high heat until mushrooms are tender. This should be about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in cream cheese and cook until cream cheese has melted.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add in parmesan cheese, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley before serving.