Last updated on
Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My
Lazy Cooking Bundle
There are many, many wonderful sweet treat ideas for kids’ party dessert tables. Although I don’t object to Sam enjoying birthday cake and some of those sugary confections at a party, I am always glad when there are healthy options offered, too.
At home we focus on balanced eating, with only occasional sugary desserts. I’ve found that Sam actually prefers the non-sugar options! I think most of us end up with an appetite for what we focus on, so I’m always looking for ways to make healthier options party worthy.
I came up with this little mouse and cheese idea. Sam was delighted and ready to play cat and mouse. He was the winning top cat, of course!
How about you? Are you looking for a luscious healthy food option for your child’s next party? A tray full of these little mice looks adorable!
They don’t have to go with a specific party theme to show up on the table, but I always like to connect food options with the theme whenever possible. I think these little mice would especially tie in well with these party ideas: farm, woodland, nursery rhymes, and Dr. Seuss’ Cat-in-the-Hat.
Easy Kids' Party Food: Strawberry Mice Appetizer
- Swiss cheese
- mini chocolate chips
- black licorice whips
- a package of almond slices
- small wheels of Gouda cheese.
- add a slice of Swiss cheese, with holes, to the top of a cracker
- rinse off strawberry, cut off leaves and about the bottom ⅓ of the berry
- add a black licorice whip tail about 2-2 1//2 times the length of the berry
- add mini chocolate chip eyes and a nose
- stick two almond slices on top, for ears
- cut a small wedge from a small round of Gouda cheese
- arrange the mouse and wedge on the cracker