Homemade Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce
Forget the canned cranberry sauce this holiday season– this homemade Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce is super easy to make and tastes worlds better than anything in a can!
- Get set for your next family gathering with these 5 Mac and Cheese Side Dishes.
- Change up your dinner menu with 7 Sweet Potato Recipes!
This homemade cranberry sauce can be made just before you sit down – it’s super quick and reliable – or you can prep it up to a week ahead of time.
The combination of apple and cranberry is delicious and works so perfectly together.
This cranberry apple sauce is so versatile – you can use it as a condiment with your savoury meal, or even as a pie or tart filling!
You can experiment with this recipe – substituting grapes or blackberries for the cranberries, or pears for the apples. There are some delicious combinations that this recipe can be adapted to!
Because I was planning on making our sauce into tarts as well as offering it as a condiment with our meal I did not include the apple cider vinegar in these pictures.
Be sure to pin this homemade cranberry sauce for your holiday celebrations!
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or thawed
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar, optional
- Chop your apples very finely to allow them to break down in the cooking process - they should be no bigger than the cranberries.
- Place all ingredients in a pot over medium heat - except the vinegar, if using.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, stirring often. It will reduce in volume and start to look uniform.
- The cranberry apple sauce will start to cook down, when it starts looking like this, start squishing the cranberries and any large apple pieces with a spatula or potato masher.
- Watch the sauce and take it off the heat when all of the cranberries look completely cooked through. It will thicken as it cools.
Get set for fall baking with these kitchen essentials gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out more great Thanksgiving recipes perfect for your next family gathering.
- Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Ideas
- Turkey & Three Cheese Manicotti
- Thanksgiving Side Dish Ideas: 5 Mashed Potato Ideas
Plus, check out 7 Unique Thanksgiving Side Dishes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week