Halloween Bat Cupcakes
Do you celebrate Halloween—that season when fright takes flight and imaginations soar? Ghosts, goblins, witches and bats seem to show up regularly and make the rounds at all the neighborhood and school parties. Whether you’re working on a themed dessert table or just want a cute idea to share with the kids, these bat cupcakes would be welcome visitors. They’re kind of magical decorations; they disappear when you are finished with them! Of course you can use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, but if you plus up a cake mix, it’s even faster and easier to create these seasonal critters.
Seems like purple bats might be a friendlier visage than the inky black version…but don’t count on it. They’re bat…but they’re good.
- These Gingerbread Man in Ghost Costume Sugar Cookies are the perfect Halloween treat!
- Check out 9 DIY Alternatives to Halloween Candy for great ideas for non candy treats kids will love.
Chocolate Cake mix
Add 1 package of chocolate pudding
Follow instructions on cake mix box
Let cupcakes cool before frosting.
CUPCAKE ICING RECIPE
- 1 stick butter
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/page/8 teaspoon salt
- purple gel food coloring
Cream ingredients till light and fluffy
Put a Wilton #2D tip on the end of a large piping bag.
Pipe frosting starting on an outside edge of the cupcake and work toward the center.
WINGS, EARS and ICING RECIPE
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Purple gel food coloring
- I used soft chocolate chip cookies (store bought).
Use about 1/3 of a cookie for each wing (this might vary, depending on the cookie you use).
Cut small triangles from a cookie for each ear.
Use piping bag and Wilton #3 tip.
Pipe the outline first. Make a couple of arches on bottom of wings.
Use piping bag to fill in.
Insert a toothpick in the wing pieces after icing has completely dried and stick them in opposite sides of the cupcake frosting.
Ear pieces simply nestle in the frosting.
Add candy eyes
Bake up a delicious treat perfect for Halloween with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great Halloween dessert recipe ideas.
Don’t miss Halloween Ghost Cupcakes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week