Check out my new sponsored post about yummy Chicken Philly Sloppy Joes in partnership with Crock-Pot®!
Even though my boys are not old enough to be in school yet, because of my busy photography schedule and my friends’ and their kids, back-to-school season still affects our family. Besides, how can you not get a little thrilled when you see all the school supplies for sale every time you walk in a store? I love that my boys give me a legit excuse to buy new crayons! I swoon when I smell crayons.
(Psst, don’t miss this Best Ever Egg Salad Sandwich, too!)
Even better than the scent of new crayons is the aroma of delectable somethings cooking in my kitchen.
Back to routine definitely means regular meal times and the chance to come up with new menu ideas.
I’m fortunate that my boys are not picky eaters and my husband is always up for trying new tastes. We share meals with friends pretty regularly, too, so my kitchen gets a real workout.
When I have time, I watch cooking shows and check out cooking blogs. It inspires me. I love to get creative in the kitchen.
My newest Crock-Pot® slow cooker is a boon to my kitchen lab. I love that one-pot wonder!
Cook times can be customized from 30 minutes to 20 hours so that gives me the chance to experiment and then let the Crock-Pot® slow cooker do its magic on texture and melding of flavors.
The six-quart capacity means it holds enough for about seven people. In our house with little guys, we have enough to share or keep for lunch left-overs when I fill it to capacity—awesome!
My most recent experiment produced these Chicken Philly Sloppy Joes—so good! They’re great for a weeknight meal or even a gathering with friends.
Think Sloppy Joes aren’t fancy enough for company? Ha! Get out the good dishes and call them Sloppy Josephs. 🙂
SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN PHILLY SLOPPY JOESPrint Pin Rate
- 1.5 pounds of ground chicken
- 2 green bell peppers
- ½ yellow onion
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a skillet on the stove, brown chicken with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook until just a little pink remains.
- Dice green pepper and onions into ¾ inch pieces.
- Add the onions and peppers to the chicken and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Put the chicken, peppers and onions into the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- In a jar, add ketchup, broth, corn starch and Worcestershire sauce. Shake together and pour over the chicken and peppers.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve on buns with pepper jack or provolone cheese.