Popcorn is a great party food idea because of its versatility and this round up of flavored popcorn recipes proves it! Whether it’s covering popcorn with chocolate, shaking on a special seasoning or mixing in your favorite treats, these additions turn everyone’s favorite snack food into something truly decadent. Among the flavored popcorn recipes I have included a peppermint bark popcorn, pink chocolate popcorn, s’mores popcorn, Reese Cup popcorn, rainbow popcorn, apple pie popcorn balls and a classic caramel popcorn recipe.
- Make snack time fun when you dress up ordinary popcorn bowls and make them Superhero Popcorn Party Cups.
1. Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn from the Bizy Mommy: Popcorn + chocolate + peppermint marshmallows. Oh my.
2. Pink Chocolate Popcorn from Glued to My Crafts: Pink Koolaid and pink sanding sugar on popcorn? Yep! The recipe is a pretty blend of sugar and salt flavors.
3. Apple Pie Popcorn Balls from Couponing & Cooking: These are popcorn balls that taste and look like apples. So cute. And yummy.
4. Caramel Popcorn Recipe from Premeditated Leftovers: Caramel popcorn is a classic and still my favorite.
5. White Chocolate Peanut Popcorn Crunch from SusieQTpies Cafe: Every ingredient I have ever loved is in this flavored popcorn recipe.
6. Sweet and Salty Rainbow Popcorn from The Frugal Foodie Mama: This recipe uses liquid food coloring to get the pretty color.
7. S’mores Popcorn from The Freshman Cook: This needs no explanation. OMG.
8. Reese Cup Popcorn Recipe from The Freshman Cook: Peanut butter and chocolate morsels as well as mini Reese cups are the foundation of this guilty pleasure recipe.
9. Movie-time Chocolate Popcorn from SusieQTpies: Because the ingredients are tossed together, this popcorn is not super messy on the hands.
10. Mint Bark Popcorn from Premeditated Leftovers: With half of the popcorn white chocolate and half dark chocolate, party guests can choose their favorite!
Check out these great sources to make your own flavored popcorn at home gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Popcorn Boxes: These popcorn boxes are great when you have to feed a crowd. When I know I will be crunched for time at the part, I have even scooped popcorn ahead of time and served from the bags. Guests love it.
- Shake On Popcorn Flavoring: If you love the shake on version of popcorn flavoring, this is the kingpin. You get 12 different flavors.
- Glazed Popcorn Flavoring: When you want to make a lot of different flavors and quickly, this will do the trick. Be sure to follow the directions though!
- Vintage Popcorn Maker: For a small home party, I love the look of this vintage popcorn popper.