This easy, classic tuna salad sandwich is absolutely delicious. It’s amazing how such a simple sandwich can produce so much incredible flavor. It’s filled with cheese and served hot. So yummy.
Tuna SANDWICH Ingredients
You will need:
- 2 Cans of Tuna, drained
- 1 Medium-sized Onion, chopped
- 1/2 a Stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1/3 Cup Mozzarella, shredded
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 Slices of Bread
How to Make a Tuna Melt
STEP ONE: Start by draining the water or oil from the tuna. Then fork the tuna into a medium bowl.
STEP TWO: Chop the onion, celery and parsley. Mince the garlic and add your ingredients to the tuna. Next, add the mayo, olive oil and mozzarella cheese. Mix all the ingredients until they’re well incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
STEP THREE: Place a non-stick skillet on the stove and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Once your skillet is hot, take a slice of bread and generously spread butter on one side. Place the buttered side down in the hot skillet. Using a spoon, scoop about two tablespoons of the tuna mixture on the bread while it is browning. Butter your second slice of bread and place the non-buttered side on top of the tuna.
STEP FOUR: Once the first side is toasted brown, use a spatula to flip the tuna melt over and grill the second side golden brown as well. When the tuna melt is golden brown on both sides, remove from the skillet and set on a paper towel until it’s cool enough to serve.
PRO TIP: If you have a panini press, you could also use that to create this tasty treat.Trust me, it’s the best tuna melt you’ll ever hope to have!
This grilled tuna salad sandwich is made from staples you’ll already have in your pantry, making it the perfect option for a quick afternoon snack or an easy dinner for your family on a busy evening.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Classic Tuna Melt
- Tuna 2 cans, drained
- Onion medium size, chopped
- Celery 1/2 a stalk, chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, minced
- Parsley 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Mayonnaise 3-4 tablespoons
- Olive Oil 3 tablespoons, divided
- Mozzarella 1/3 cup, shredded
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Black Pepper to taste
- Bread sliced
- Butter softened
- Drain water or oil from tuna, then fork tuna into a medium bowl.
- Chop onion, celery, and parsley.
- Mince garlic and add ingredients to tuna.
- Add mayonnaise, olive oil and mozzarella cheese.
- Combine all ingredients until well incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a non-stick skillet on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When skillet is hot, take a slice of bread and generously spread butter on one side.
- Place bread buttered side down in hot skillet.
- Using a spoon, scoop about 2 tablespoons of tuna salad on bread while it is browning. Butter another slice of bread and place non-buttered side on top of tuna.
- Utilizing a spatula, check to see if bread is toasted brown; if so, turn tuna melt over and grill until golden brown.
- Set tuna melt on paper towels and allow to cool enough to serve.