Kid’s Party Food: Cat in the Hat Pudding Pops
When it’s time to feed kids at a party, I like to have food choices that are easy for them to handle. At a boy’s birthday party cake or cupcakes, and ice cream are almost always on the menu. Depending on the dessert table set-up, sometimes I have found it’s easiest to use frozen pudding pops that I have ready in the freezer instead of trying to dip bowl after bowl of ice cream in the midst of energetic kids.
These darling Cat in the Hat pudding pops are a colorful, easy-to-make option and kids think they’re fun because of the stripes. Of course they tie in well with a Dr. Seuss theme, but they are also terrific with other ideas and colors.
You can switch out the pudding and substitute yogurt for an even healthier version.
- Get inspired with these terrific Cat in the Hat birthday party ideas.
- Check out this other fun kid’s party food idea: Cat in the Hat “Hats”.
- See the the clever ideas and great colors in this Dr. Seuss themed birthday party.
- I love this Dr. Seuss themed birthday dessert table — especially the gorgeous cake!
This recipe makes approximately four Cat in the Hat pudding pops:
- 1 small package of vanilla instant pudding, prepared
- Wilton Icing Color in red
- Popsicle sticks
- Popsicle molds
How to make Cat in the Hat pudding pops:
- Divide the pudding between two bowls (each needs to be able to hold about a cup). Add red coloring to one bowl, to desired shade of red.
- Place two tablespoons of the vanilla pudding in the bottom of each mold. Lightly tap until its level. Repeat the process with the red colored pudding and alternate until you reach the top. Wipe the sides with a paper towel if they get too messy.
- Place the sticks in the molds and freeze them for at least eight hours. You can release the pudding pops by quickly running the mold under warm water.
- Remove these pops from the molds, wrap them individually in plastic and return them to the freezer while the next batch freezes if youre doing this for a larger group.
Enjoy these fun Dr. Seuss items while you eat your Cat in the Hat pudding pops:
- Dr. Seuss’s Beginner Book Collection (Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, Fox in Socks)
- Dr. Seuss Peel & Stick Wall Decoration
- Dr.Seuss Cat In The Hat Costume
- Dr. Seuss Sticker Book
- Dr. Seuss Oh the Places You’ll Go! Bookmarks
- Dr Seuss Cat in the Hat Birthday Party Banner & Balloons
- Who Was Dr. Seuss?
- Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Card Game
- Dr. Seuss One Fish Stacking Blocks
Plus, get more tasty kid’s party food ideas with these recipes:
- Chocolate Chai Tea
- Party Food Ideas: Easy Chili
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
- Party Food: Sweet Chili Baked Brie
- Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
AND check out these fun Dr. Seuss inspired birthday parties:
Do your kids love to read Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.