Halloween Cookie Ideas
One cookie cutter. Two creatures. Does that sound monstrous? Nah—it’s a pretty cool trick!
I used my ghost shaped cookie cutter to make Casper’s cousin and Frankenstein. The cut-out process is identical. The magic happens with your decorations. If you’re getting ready for a Halloween party dessert table, this process would make preparations even easier. Two-for-one: Halloween bewitchment!
- Halloween is full of sweets and treats. Why not sneak in one of these 15 Kids’ Healthy Party Food Ideas for Halloween.
- Why should Santa get all the fun? Don’t miss this Halloween Milk and Cookies idea that will get kids excited for Halloween night.
HALLOWEEN SUGAR COOKIES
2 sticks butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 medium eggs
2.5 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
How To Make:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just blended
Combine flour and salt in a separate bowl
Add to wet mixture
Mix until only combined, do not overmix
Put dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out
Cut into shapes and place on greased cookie sheet
Bake for 10 minutes
Let cool before icing
Makes approximately 20 cookies, depending on the size of your cookie cutter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Stir until well combined
Divide into thirds. Leave it plain for the ghost; add green gel food coloring for Frankenstein; add black gel coloring for Frankenstein’s hair and bolts
Put into piping bag with a Wilton #3 tip to outline the cookies
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons milk
Stir until well combined
Divide into thirds. Leave it plain for the ghost; add green gel food coloring for Frankenstein; add black gel coloring for Frank’s hair and bolts
Use the piping bag with a Wilton #3 tip. Add the black mouth and scar before his face is covered with the green icing.
Add google eyes before the icing dries. Edible silver spray for Frank’s bolts is a fun touch.
Create a spooky fun Halloween treat kids will love with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Don’t miss more great dessert recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Plus, don’t miss 22 Amazing Halloween Cupcakes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Stephanie is in love with a boy named Sam. He has taught her that it's okay to jump first and look later, to wear a dirty shirt to the park and to decide that today is a good day to take a nap in your rubber boots. She hangs out here blogging at Spaceships and Laser Beams and at our printable party shop on Etsy.