Sheet Pan Fajitas
Simple to make all on one pan, these Sheet Pan Fajitas are packed with flavor and make dinner time—as well as cleanup—a breeze.
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds, cut against the grain into thin strips)
- salt and pepper to season the chicken
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional for extra spiciness
- 1 lime cut into wedges or slices
- 6 tortillas (8-inch) flour or corn
- Optional toppings: cilantro, roughly chopped, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, gaucamole, shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place the chicken and all the chopped bellpeppers, garlic ,and onion slices on a large baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine the chili powder, cumin,paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle this over the veggies and chickenon the pan.
Drizzle with olive oil. Then mix all of theingredients around right on the pan then spread the ingredients out into asingle layer.
Place the lime wedges around the pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken iscompletely cooked.
Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the ovento warm up during the last 5 minutes of the sheet pan cooking. Or if you preferyour tortillas heated in a pan that works too.
- Use any color of bell peppers you have.
- Use any onions you have.
- You can prepare the chicken and vegetables ahead. Place the cut up chicken and veggies in a Ziploc bag with olive oil and onions. When ready to cook just dump onto your sheet pan and finish the recipe.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 458mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1378IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg