Beer Cheese Dip
This easy beer cheese dip recipe is so creamy and cheesy that your taste buds will thank you!
- 12 ounces your favorite beer (I used Sam Adams Boston Lager)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Bacon crumbles for garnish
- shredded cheese for garnish
Add the cream cheese and beer to a pan over medium heat. Whisk occasionally as it combines.
Once melted together, add garlic salt, paprika, extra sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
Stir until the shredded cheeses are totally melted and all ingredients are combined.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish. Serve with pretzels, bread or tortilla chips.
- It is best to grate your own block of cheese rather than buying pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese tends to have a preservative on it that prevents it from melting fully.
- This cheesy dip makes a pretty large batch. It’s a crowd favorite, though, so if you’ll be with a big group, it doesn’t hurt to double up the batch.
- Cooking the beer and cream cheese together over medium heat is important. You want to be patient while waiting for the cheese to melt. If you cook it too quickly on a higher heat, it might ruin the recipe.
Sodium: 566mgCalcium: 446mgVitamin A: 914IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 103mgCholesterol: 86mgCalories: 335kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 17gFat: 28gProtein: 16gCarbohydrates: 3gIron: 1mg