Easy Chili Mac and Cheese
This yummy, cheesy one pot chili mac and cheese is the perfect hearty recipe for dinner!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 pounds ground beef/turkey
- 1 small yellow onion about 1.5 cups diced
- 2-15 ounce cans Hunts Diced Tomatoes
- 1-15 ounce can Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 1-6 ounce can Hunts Tomato Paste
- 5-15 ounce cans water
- 1-15 ounce cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
In a large dutch oven, saute diced onions until translucent and they start to caramelize.
Add ground meat and brown until just done. It’s okay if it still has some pink in it before you add the rest of the ingredients.
Add seasonings (minus the baking soda) and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
Pour in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water and tomato paste.
Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
Stir in the baking soda. The sauce will start to bubble up. Stir over medium heat until the bubbles have gone away.
Stir in beans and pasta. Simmer until macaroni is al dente. Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese on top and let it melt. Stir and serve.
Top bowls with more cheese.