Ritz Cracker Chicken
Juicy chicken breasts bake up crispy and golden brown, coated in a seasoned breading made from Ritz crackers.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers, about 50 Ritz crackers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total)
- ½ cup melted butter
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium shallow bowl or pie plate, mix together the egg and the milk. Set aside.
In another pie plate or shallow bowl, gently whisk together the cracker crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper, and poultry seasoning.
One at a time, dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture, dredge them in the crumb mixture, making sure to thoroughly coat each piece, then place them in the prepared baking dish.
Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the chicken. Bake for 40 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, and a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
Recipe adapted from: All Recipes Famous Butter Chicken
- To crush the Ritz crackers quickly and easily, put them in a large ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to turn them into cracker crumbs.
- You can mix it up by using different spices in the crumb mixture. Italian seasoning works very well.
- After putting the chicken into the baking dish you can sprinkle a little more of the crumb mixture on top before drizzling the butter over it if you want a thicker crumb coating.
Calories: 648kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 53gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 250mgSodium: 1050mgPotassium: 951mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 894IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 3mg