White Bean Chicken Chili
This white bean chicken chili is quick and easy to make from scratch. Simple ingredients simmer together in less than half an hour to make it the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 minced jalapeno with or without seeds, how spicy do you like it?
- 2 4- ounce cans of fire-roasted diced green chilies
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 15- ounce cans of drained and rinsed white beans
- 1 32- ounce box of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper to your liking
- pinch of celery salt
- squeeze of lime juice from half of a lime
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot on medium heat, when the onions are soft add the minced jalapenos and stir for about 1 minute.
Add green chilis with 1 cup chicken broth and 2 cups chicken to the pot, stir until chicken is warmed. Pour in remaining chicken broth and water, then add white beans.
Season with salt, pepper, and pinch of celery salt Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve in bowls and top with sour cream, avocado, and cilantro and Enjoy!!
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 802mg | Potassium: 711mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 4mg