Baked Ziti with Chicken
This baked ziti with chicken recipe is an easy to put together pasta casserole that the whole family can enjoy!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 16 oz box of ziti noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce or make your own
- 1 .5 oz package of fresh basil chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup grated parmesan divided into two 1/2 cups
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided into two 1 cup portions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook pasta to al dente, drain well and return to pan.
Generously season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
When the chicken is done, add two cloves of minced garlic to the skillet and cook another minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
Stir sauce, chicken, and basil into your pasta, making sure everything is evenly coated.
Pour half of your pasta mixture into the baking dish. Top with 1/2 cup parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella. Pour remaining pasta on top.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover, top with 1/2 cup parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella and bake, uncovered for 8 minutes.
Top with additional chopped basil, if desired.