Easy Beer Bread Recipe
With only three ingredients, this easy and delicious beer bread recipe will become a favorite.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz beer light in color
- 3 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Butter the inside of the loaf pan and set aside.
Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
Pour beer into the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Mixture will be sticky.
Transfer bread mixture to loaf pan. Use a spoon to spread bread mixture out to edges while leaving it somewhat uneven on the top to give it a more rustic look when it’s done cooking.
Pour melted butter over the bread mixture and place in the oven at 375 degrees.
Cook at 375 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
Serve with butter, honey, and jam
● Check bread at 50 minutes cook time. If too brown on the top cover with foil for the remaining 10 minutes.
● Sifting the flour is the most important part of this whole recipe. The bread will be lighter and more airy if sifted. If not sifted then it will be a more dense bread.
● The top of this bread will be buttery and crunchy after it’s done cooking.
Calories: 266kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 5gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 346mgPotassium: 251mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 177IUCalcium: 92mgIron: 2mg