With only a handful of simple ingredients, this easy and delicious beer bread recipe has so much flavor and will surely become a favorite.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 12 ounces beer, light in color
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Butter or spray the inside of a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
Pour the beer into the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir to combine. The mixture will be sticky.
Transfer the bread mixture to the loaf pan. Use a spoon to spread bread mixture out to edges while leaving it somewhat uneven on the top to give it a more rustic look when it’s done cooking.
Pour the melted butter over the bread mixture and place it in the preheated oven.
Cook for 1 hour, uncovered.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
Serve with butter, honey, and jam.
- You can adjust the flavor of this bread based on the type of beer you use.
- This homemade beer bread recipe will make one loaf, but you could always double or triple it to make more.
- Sifting the flour is the most important part of this whole recipe. The bread will be lighter and airier if sifted. If not sifted, then it will be a denser bread.
- Check the bread at 50 minutes of cook time. If it is too brown on the top, cover with aluminum foil for the remaining 10 minutes.
- The top of the loaf will be buttery and crunchy after it’s done cooking.
Sodium: 340mgCalcium: 76mgVitamin A: 177IUSugar: 6gFiber: 1gPotassium: 215mgCholesterol: 15mgCalories: 265kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 6gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 44gIron: 2mg