Hot Crab Dip
This easy crab dip recipe offers a whole lot of creamy and cheesy flavors, making it the perfect party appetizer.
- 12 ounces crab meat
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese (save ¼ cup to sprinkle on top)
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese (save ¼ cup to sprinkle on top)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mix together the crab meat, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, diced green chilies, and lemon juice. Stir well.
Add the Worcestershire sauce and fresh chives.
Add in the Old Bay seasoning and paprika, as well as the parmesan and cheddar cheese. Make sure you set aside ¼ cup of each cheese.
Spread the mixture inside of an 8x8-inch baking dish and smooth out the surface. Sprinkle on the remaining parmesan and cheddar cheese.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until bubbling. If the cheese isn’t melted or you want to brown it a little bit, feel free to broil for a couple of minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on the dip since it can burn easily under the broiler.
Garnish your cheesy dip with fresh chives or green onions and enjoy with tortillas or crackers.
- I often end up doubling or tripling this recipe because it disappears so quickly.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don't end up with lumps in your dip.
Calories: 231kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 15gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 694mgPotassium: 161mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 594IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 233mgIron: 1mg