Red Velvet Ice Cream
Sweet and creamy, this simple no-churn homemade red velvet ice cream is the perfect treat!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 red velvet cupcake
- 2 ounces cream cheese
Whip the whipping cream with a mixer for at least 4 minutes, until soft peaks form. The cream will go through several stages, from bubbly, to slightly thickened, to rippling, and finally puffy and airy.
Gently stir in the sweetened condensed milk, along with the vanilla extract. You don't want to deflate the cream, so avoid overmixing.
Pour the ice cream mixture into a clean loaf pan or casserole dish lined with parchment paper. Smooth it out into an even layer with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula.
Next, dot on softened bits of cream cheese and push them into the ice cream mixture with your spoon or spatula. Break up the red velvet cupcake into pieces and add the same way.
Cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Chill your condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and dish in the fridge before you start – it will make everything freeze more easily.
- Lining the loaf pan with parchment paper prior to filling will make clean up much easier.
- Higher fat content ice cream melts quicker than the lower fat ice creams so have those cups or cones ready!
Calories: 523kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 4gFat: 51gSaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 135mgPotassium: 145mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1959IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 125mgIron: 1mg