Easy Slow-Cooker Chili
MAKE GREAT USE OF YOUR SLOW COOKER BECAUSE THIS EASY CROCKPOT CHILI RECIPE PUTS THE “CHILL” IN CHILI.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or other cooking oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 pounds ground beef I use 80/20
- 1 15.5 oz can of kidney beans
- 1 15.5 oz can of chili hot beans
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder divided
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
Dice onion, green peppers, and garlic.
Heat oil in a large pan and sauté 2-3 minutes.
Add ground beef and cook until almost browned.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chili powder over ground beef and continue cooking until the meat is done.
Add meat and remaining ingredients to slow cooker and stir well to combine.
Cook on low for 4 hours.