1. Open and unroll one package of Crescent Rolls.
2. So hats maintain their shape, use a knife to separate segments.
3. Cut salami slices and a portion of cheddar cheese into thin strips.
4. Place salami and cheese strips on top of the widest part of roll.
5. Roll it up to create the hat brim.
6. Cut cheddar cheese strips and cheese squares to make the hat band and buckle.
7. Arrange cheese above the brim of the hat.
8. Lightly sprinkle basil over the entire roll.
9. Bake according to package directions.