Crockpot Mac and Cheese
This is the best creamy crockpot mac and cheese around, making it the ultimate comfort food, and it's sure to become a favorite recipe with the entire family.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces yellow cheddar cheese, extra-sharp, shredded by hand
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, extra-sharp, shredded by hand
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
To begin, you'll fill a large pot halfway up with water and bring to a boil.Once the water has started to boil, pour in a little bit of olive oil and the box of macaroni. Cook the macaroni for 2 to 3 minutes and then drain.
In the insert of your crockpot, place the milk and the elbow macaroni noodles. Stir well to make sure that the noodles are not sticking together.
Then add the milk, shredded cheddar cheeses, parmesan, and seasonings.
Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Cut the cream cheese into small, one-inch cubes and stir in the cream cheese and the sour cream until the cream cheese starts to melt.
Cook on low for an additional 20 to 30 minutes until it’s hot and creamy.
- Be sure to buy blocks of cheese and shred yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has a coating on it which can impact how it melts and therefore affect the texture of your finished mac and cheese.
- Every slow cooker is different, so keep an eye on it and adjust your cook time slightly if you find it looks ready a bit early or takes a bit longer. The pasta will become mushy if it is cooked too long.
- Stirring is very important to ensure the sauce is evenly distributed and coats all of the pasta.
Calories: 769kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 41gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 22gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 1725mgPotassium: 588mgFiber: 2gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 1392IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 963mgIron: 2mg