Easy Mexican Layered Salad
THIS CHOPPED MEXICAN SALAD RECIPE IS LAYERED WITH FLAVOR AND COLOR!
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 2 cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of corn drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes diced in half
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 medium sized tomatillo
- ½ jalapeno
- handful of cilantro
- 1 package powdered ranch mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sour cream
Prep: Chop the romaine into small, bite-sized pieces and place in a colander or salad spinner to rise. Make sure leaves are dry before assembling salad. Rinse and drain corn and beans. Rinse and slice tomatoes in half or quarters.
Layer salad: romaine, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cheese, chicken then repeat with a second layer of each ending with a layer of chicken.
Dressing: Peel and rinse tomatillo. Roughly chop it and add to a blender with jalapeno, cilantro, ranch mix, milk and sour cream. Blend on medium-high until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.