Lemon Poke Cake
This sweet, tart lemon poke cake is the perfect dessert to serve your family and friends!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3.4 ounces lemon pudding (1 box)
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 6.8 ounces lemon pudding (2 boxes)
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pour the boxed cake mix and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
Add water, oil, and eggs. Mix until just combined.
Pour into a cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
When the cake is finished, remove it from the oven and let cool slightly.
Poke 12 holes in the cake using the handle of a large wooden spoon.
Mix the lemon pudding, milk, and powdered sugar. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
Pour half of the pudding over the top of the cake, making sure it sinks into all of the holes.
Mix the remaining pudding until it thickens completely then spread over the top of the cake.
Place in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours until completely set and chilled.
- It’s best to make the holes in the cake while it is still slightly warm because as it cools, the crust on top of the cake will crumble more easily.
- When you’re pouring the cream into the holes, tap the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles and make sure the pudding fills the holes completely.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your cake at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
- Make sure you don't skip the chilling step. It's important to give the pudding time to set and soak into the cake before serving it.
Calories: 466kcalCarbohydrates: 101gProtein: 6gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 484mgPotassium: 159mgFiber: 1gSugar: 62gVitamin A: 191IUCalcium: 199mgIron: 1mg