Chili Cheese Fries
These incredible easy chili cheese fries are the perfect meal or delicious appetizer!
- ¼ large onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- ¼ water, (use the tomato sauce can to measure)
- 7.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 ounces green chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups extra-sharp cheddar, I shredded one 8-ounce block
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack, I shredded ¼ of a 2-pound block
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
You'll also need
- 1 bag frozen French fries
- jalapeños and green onions for garnish
Prepare French fries according to package directions.
In a skillet, sauté diced onion until they start to become translucent. Add the ground beef and cook until all the pink is gone. Drain fat.
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, green chilies, water and seasonings. Stir and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes while you shred the cheese.
In a medium sauce pan, heat up heavy cream until bubbles start to form around the sides. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses and seasonings until the cheese is completely melted.
To assemble the dish, spread some cheese on the bottom of the plate, then pile the fries on top of the cheese, add a little more cheese, top with chili, more cheese sauce and garnish with green onion and jalapeños.
- The chili can be made up to 3 days in advance. You could make a pot of chili for dinner, then use the leftovers the second day to prepare this dish.
- Go here if you want to make your chili in your crockpot instead.
- Serve your cheese fries right away, as the fries will become soft as they sit under the chili.
Calories: 613kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 30gFat: 51gSaturated Fat: 29gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 1207mgPotassium: 587mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1940IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 588mgIron: 3mg