Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These easy buffalo meatballs are a perfect appetizer for game day, packed full of spicy buffalo flavor!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ cup Italian herb seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Blue cheese crumbles (for optional garnish)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a medium bowl, mix together bread crumbs and milk. Allow the bread crumbs to absorb the milk for about 5 minutes.
Add ground chicken, minced garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and egg to the bread crumb mixture and stir well.
Use a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop to form equal balls of the meat mixture. Roll each ball between your palms and place on a parchment paper-lined baking pan/sheet.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the center of the meatballs reaches 165°F.
Drizzle with ½ cup of buffalo sauce and toss to coat the meatballs.
Place meatballs on a platter for serving. Drizzle with more buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and blue cheese crumbles, if desired.
Serve with toothpicks.
- This makes about 20 “regular”-sized meatballs. The buffalo chicken meatball recipe can easily be turned into a double batch.
- Because ground chicken is very lean, these meatballs can become dried out and overcooked quickly. Allowing the bread crumbs to absorb the milk before mixing the rest of the ingredients helps keep the meatballs moist. Monitor the temperature of the meatballs so that you don’t overcook them. Remove them from the oven as soon as they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Sodium: 118mgCalcium: 16mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 55IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 139mgCholesterol: 28mgCalories: 51kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 2gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 2gIron: 1mg