Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple
This brown sugar grilled pineapple is sweetened with a delicious brown sugar glaze and comes off the grill nice and juicy to create a sweet side dish for all your grilled meals.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 spears
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- vegetable oil spray, for grill
Place the pineapple in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the brown sugar, cayenne, vanilla extract, and salt. Toss to combine.
Cover the pineapple with plastic wrap and let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. You can also place the pineapple in the refrigerator to marinate overnight. You will have a few tablespoons of liquid in the bottom of your bowl. Do not discard it.
Preheat your grill pan over high heat and spray with cooking spray just before adding the pineapple.
Grill the pineapple for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
While the pineapple is grilling, place the excess marinade liquid in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 90 seconds or until bubbly and syrupy. Set aside.
Remove the grilled pineapple to the serving platter and drizzle it with the excess marinade syrup just before serving.
- You can buy a pre-peeled and cored whole ripe pineapple from your grocery store's produce department. This will significantly reduce your prep time as the pineapple prep takes a lot of time in this recipe.
- You can cut the pineapple into rings instead of spears. Be sure not to cut the slices of pineapple too thinly, or they will fall apart when grilling.
- If you don’t have an indoor grill pan, you can grill this outdoors. Use grill plates if your grill grates are too far apart for the small pineapple spears.
Calories: 84kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 1gFat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0.01gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.05gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.02gSodium: 39mgPotassium: 134mgFiber: 2gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 92IUVitamin C: 54mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 0.4mg