Make your own vanilla latte right in the comfort of your kitchen with this indulgent and delicious recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- ice cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons half and half cream, or sweetened condensed milk
- cold pre-brewed coffee, instant coffee or instant espresso
Fill a mug or mug-sized glass to the brim with ice cubes.
Add vanilla syrup and half and half or sweetened condensed milk.
Fill the remainder of the mug with cold pre-brewed coffee, instant coffee, or espresso.
- To make the simple syrup
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer.
2. Add 2 cups sugar and stir to dissolve.
3. Remove from heat and let the mixture completely cool.
4. Store unused syrup in a container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- To make the homemade vanilla syrup
1. Heat ½ cup simple syrup to a very low simmer.
2. Add ¼ cup brown sugar and stir just until dissolved.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I prefer Mexican vanilla).
- Put the syrups in squeeze bottles for easy dispensing and storage.
- You could make coffee ice cubes in an ice cube tray so that when the coffee cubes melt, your coffee won’t become watered down.
Calories: 64kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 2gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 25mgPotassium: 74mgSugar: 11gVitamin A: 53IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 1mg