Make your own ranch dressing and take your salads to the next level with this creamy recipe.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dry dill
- ¼ teaspoon dried chives, or ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 to 6 tablespoons buttermilk
Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and seasonings in a mason jar or small mixing bowl. Squeeze lemon juice into the mixture.
Whisk to combine.
Add buttermilk 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Refrigerate for 4 or more hours before serving to allow flavors to mingle.
- If you have pre-made ranch seasoning, add milk, sour cream, and lemon juice to the seasoning. Thin with 2% or whole milk.
- With just 1 to 2 tablespoons of buttermilk, the mixture will make a nice dip consistency.
- You can use the ranch dressing right away if you’d like, but it will develop a better flavor after being refrigerated overnight.
Calories: 1044kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 6gFat: 109gSaturated Fat: 28gPolyunsaturated Fat: 51gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 2034mgPotassium: 374mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1737IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 228mgIron: 1mg