Creamsicle Jello Shots
Don't forget this fun creamsicle jello shot recipe for your next party. They taste just like the nostalgic flavor with a grown-up spin.
- 1 (3-ounce) box orange-flavored jello gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup orange-flavored soda I used Crush Orange soda brand
- ½ cup whipped cream vodka such as Smirnoff or Pinnacle brands
- heavy whipped cream in a squirt can I used Reddi-Whip brand
- orange sanding sugar sprinkles
In a large mixing bowl, with a pour spout, stir together the boiling water and the orange-flavored jello gelatin until it is completely dissolved. An 8 cup measuring cup works great for this as it makes it much easier to pour the liquid into the little shot cups.
Add the whipped cream vodka and the orange-flavored soda to the hot gelatin mixture. Stir well, then very carefully pour the liquid into the individual plastic shot cups.
Chill the creamsicle jello shots for 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
Garnish each jello shot with a squirt of heavy whipped cream and a sprinkle of orange sanding sugar sprinkles.
- If you are making these for a party and need lots of shots, you can easily double this recipe.
- An 8 cup measuring cup works great for this as it makes it much easier to pour the liquid into the little shot containers.
- If you place all your empty plastic containers onto a small rimmed baking sheet before filling them with the liquid, it will be easier to transfer your creamsicle orange jello shots to the refrigerator to chill.
- To help your creamsicle jello shots set up faster, you can chill your whipped cream vodka in the freezer, or refrigerator, so that you are adding very cold liquids to the orange jello gelatin and boiling water combination. Make sure that you add the chilled vodka after mixing the boiling water with the jello and completely dissolving the orange jello first.
Sodium: 3mgCalcium: 1mgSugar: 1gPotassium: 1mgCalories: 28kcalProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 1gIron: 1mg