Plenty of colorful veggies, beans, and a tangy vinaigrette makes this cowboy caviar a tasty dip to serve at gatherings or any time a chip craving arises.
- 6 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced (3½ cups)
- 14.5 ounces yellow corn drained
- 15.25 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced (1½ cups)
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced (1½ cups)
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup red onion finely diced (½ medium-sized red onion)
- ½ cup sweet yellow onion finely diced (½ medium-sized onion)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Using a large mixing bowl, add the diced tomatoes, canned corn, canned black beans, diced avocados, bell peppers, jalapeno, finely diced onions, chopped fresh cilantro, fresh minced garlic and lime juice. Stir just until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
Using a small mixing bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper until well incorporated.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Stir just until well incorporated.
PRO TIP: If you don't feel like chopping all those fresh veggies, canned vegetables work just as well in this easy cowboy caviar.
PRO TIP: This dip tastes better the longer it sits, so feel free to make it the night before and keep it refrigerated overnight, ready to serve the next day.
PRO TIP: Serve as a dip or topping for tacos or as a hearty salad.
Calories: 305kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 8gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 202mgPotassium: 550mgFiber: 10gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 951IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 2mg