Butter Swim Biscuits
Swimming in buttery goodness, these butter swim biscuits are a scrumptious addition to a meal or your breakfast table.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1¾ cups cold buttermilk
- ¾ cup salted sweet cream butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons salted sweet cream butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Using a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar and kosher salt.
Add in the buttermilk, mix just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
Pour ¾ cup melted butter into an 8x8 glass baking dish.
Evenly spread the biscuit dough on top of the butter.
Using a sharp knife, cut 3x3 squares into the dough.
Bake for 24 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from the oven and immediately brush the 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the top of the biscuits.
- You can also use a small oven-safe cast-iron skillet to bake the biscuits in.
- Use a spatula (or your hands) to spread out the dough as evenly as possible, getting it right to the sides of the pan.
- Place the baking pan on a baking sheet so that you don't have any butter spill over when you are moving the biscuits in and out of the hot oven.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your biscuits as the suggested baking time approaches.
- Once they come out of the oven, the butter will still be sizzling. After brushing with the butter on the top, let them sit for a couple of minutes to absorb all the butter before serving.
Calories: 294kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 5gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 725mgPotassium: 233mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 627IUCalcium: 121mgIron: 1mg