Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce
This BBQ season, whip up this great recipe for Carolina mustard BBQ sauce. Rich and tangy, you will love this delicious sauce.
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 6 dashes hot sauce of your choice more or less depending on your desired level of heat
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water room temperature
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water for slurry. Set it aside.
In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients except for the slurry.
Whisk until the ingredients are well combined.
Using a rubber spatula, pour the mixture into a small saucepan.
Whisk often while simmering, on low heat, for 3 minutes (or just until it starts to bubble). Do not overheat or boil.
Add your slurry mix to the sauce and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool. Once cool to touch, pour into a jar or container with a sealed lid.
To serve, warm it up in a small pot and get eating!
Calories: 48kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 234mgPotassium: 36mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 14IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 11mgIron: 1mg