Alabama White Sauce
Alabama white sauce is a famous sauce bursting with a tangy and creamy flavor that will become a BBQ staple.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all the listed ingredients. Make sure there are no lumps from the mayonnaise.
Transfer the sauce to a pint-sized mason jar or any container with a lid, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using to allow all the flavor to blend well.
- You can make your own buttermilk using whole or 2% milk and lemon juice or distilled white vinegar. For every 1 cup of milk, stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar.
- To save time and dishes, you can add all the ingredients directly to your mason jar. Just make sure to mix it really well before putting on the lid and refrigerating it.
- You can adjust the amounts of the vinegar, sugar, and prepared horseradish sauce according to your taste, adding a little more or less.
Sodium: 2922mgCalcium: 116mgVitamin C: 4mgVitamin A: 263IUSugar: 33gFiber: 1gPotassium: 271mgCholesterol: 101mgCalories: 1687kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 27gFat: 170gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 33gIron: 1mg