Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Shrimp coated in a simple seasoning and spaghetti are tossed together in a creamy bang bang sauce that is full of spice for this bang bang shrimp recipe dish that is beyond big on taste.
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons sriracha sauce
Pasta and Shrimp
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles cooked according to package directions and drained
- 12 ounces medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh chopped parsley or fresh chopped cilantro (optional garnish)
In a small mixing bowl whisk together the mayo, sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and sriracha sauce until it is smooth. Set it aside
Pasta and Shrimp
Using a medium-size mixing bowl toss together the shrimp, ½ tablespoon olive oil, fresh minced garlic, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
In a large 12 inch skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Add in the coated shrimp, constantly stirring to ensure the garlic does not burn and the shrimp cooks evenly, about 8 to 10 minutes. The shrimp will turn pink when completely cooked. There will also be liquid in the pan that the shrimp releases during cooking. Turn off the stovetop.
Leaving the skillet on the stovetop, add the cooked spaghetti and sauce on top of the cooked shrimp. Toss to completely coat the noodles and the shrimp.
Garnish with either the fresh chopped parsley or fresh chopped cilantro. Serve while hot.
Calories: 607kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 26gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 226mgSodium: 1493mgPotassium: 246mgFiber: 3gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 537IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 146mgIron: 3mg