Zucchini and Mushroom Chicken
In under 30 minutes, this delicious zucchini and mushroom chicken is ready for dinner. With chicken, vegetables, and a delicious sauce, this takeout favorite is easy to make at home.
- 2 cups diced chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise, and then sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Yondu Vegetable Umami
- Sesame seeds for garnish
Pour the olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of sesame oil into a medium-size stockpot and heat over medium heat. Then add the chicken pieces and brown on each side (about 5-6 minutes total)
While the chicken is browning in a small bowl add 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and Yondu.
Once the chicken has browned add the mushrooms and zucchini to the stockpot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the sauce to the stockpot and stir well to coat it all with the sauce.
Serve over brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Calories: 215kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 17gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 342mgPotassium: 319mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 23IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mg