Greek Pasta Salad
Plenty of fresh veggies mixed with salty feta cheese and perfectly tender rotini pasta make this the perfect Greek pasta salad.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar plus 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 to 5 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 1/2 English cucumber cut lengthwise and then sliced across (half-moons)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup red onion sliced (soaked in 1 cup cold salt water to reduce the “bite”)
- 1 cup kalamata olives sliced and pitted
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 5 ounces Feta cheese crumbled
In a small jar or bowl make the dressing by combining the red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, black pepper, and garlic cloves. Set aside.
Boil the pasta until al dente, approximately 7 minutes (be very careful not to overcook the pasta). Drain and immediately rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
Chop all of your vegetables.
In a large bowl combine the vegetables, feta cheese, and dressing. Before adding the dressing, shake or stir it well.
Add the rotini pasta and stir until well combined.
Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or even overnight.
TIP: Al dente pasta is the ideal consistency for this salad. The pasta will be tender and will still have a slightly firm texture when you bite into it.
TIP: Before adding the dressing, make sure to shake or stir it well.
Calories: 286kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 7gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 506mgPotassium: 233mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 525IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 87mgIron: 1mg