Greek Pasta Salad
Fresh vegetables mixed with salty feta and perfectly tender rotini pasta make this the perfect Greek salad.
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar plus 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 to 5 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz rotini pasta
- 1/2 English cucumber cut lengthwise and then sliced across (half-moons)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup red onion sliced (soaked in 1 cup cold salt water to reduce the “bite”)
- 1 cup kalamata olives sliced and pitted
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 5 oz Feta cheese crumbled
In a small jar or bowl make the dressing by combining the red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, black pepper, and garlic cloves. Set aside.
Boil the pasta until al dente, approximately 7 minutes (be very careful not to overcook the pasta). Drain and immediately rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
Chop all of your vegetables.
In a large bowl combine the vegetables, feta cheese, and dressing. Before adding the dressing, shake or stir it well.
Add the rotini pasta and stir until well combined.
Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or even overnight.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg