These cheesy skillet enchiladas are so quick and easy to make and so full of rich, meaty flavor, they will be a hit with the entire family.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained (540 ml)
- 1½ cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 small 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- avocado, sour cream, cilantro and green onions (optional garnish)
In a large 12-inch frying pan over high heat, brown the ground beef until it is no longer pink and drain fat.
Add in black beans, enchilada sauce, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper then stir well to mix. Reduce heat to low heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Slice tortillas into strips (about 1-inch wide and 2-inches long).
Stir in tortilla strips and shredded cheese until the cheese is melted. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Calories: 710kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 43gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 1522mgPotassium: 666mgFiber: 9gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1320IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 475mgIron: 5mg