Creamy Italian Chicken with Pasta
This creamy Italian chicken is a great family dinner recipe that has so much flavor that it will be hard to resist.
- 32 ounces alfredo sauce, try our homemade Olive Garden alfredo sauce!
- 2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles, uncooked
- 4 ounces cream cheese, optional
- 8 ounces pre-cooked or rotisserie chicken
- grated parmesan cheese and parsley, for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
Place alfredo sauce, chicken broth, and pasta in a 12-inch skillet.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Continue simmering until pasta is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
For an extra creamy pasta, stir in cream cheese until melted and combined.
Top with chicken, grated parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Want to make your own Alfredo sauce? It’s easier than you think! Here’s our copycat Olive Garden alfredo sauce recipe!
- Al dente is the ideal consistency for pasta. The pasta will be tender and will still have a slightly firm texture when you bite into it.
- If you would like to thin out the sauce a bit, add hot water to the pan and stir until the sauce is smooth.
Calories: 733kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 18gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 2059mgPotassium: 275mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 421IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg